If you are waiting for one or more new SLR cameras from Sony this year, you are not alone. By far. But when you see Russian web sites pumping rumours, you may start beng suspicious.
On photogenius.ru, there are a couple of photos and a feature list for a Sony Alpha 500 which would be the next announcement from Sony.
- 17.2 MP CCD / CMOS sensor (which technology?)
- 2.7-inch LCD screen (920,000 pixels resolution)
- 9-point Autofocus, with 8 ????
- Viewfinder: 0.98x magnification
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 seconds
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-12800
- Continuous shooting: 4 fps
- Weight: 516 grams
- Video: 1920×1080 @ 32 fps, with maximum time of 59 minutes 59 seconds / AVI (Motion-JPEG) or MOV (H.264)
Honestly, the photos look too good to be true and too similar to some of the official Sony photos of the Sony Alpha 300/350.