OK. Now, I’m lost. This can’t be! A rumour surfaced this week on DPR about a possible upcoming Canon EOS 40D Mk II.
- new 12 MP gapless microlens CMOS sensor which employs the 5D markII improved output amplifier, and a more advanced color filter with superior light transmission
- Digic IV
- 100-3200 base ISO, expanded L1- 50, H1- 6400
- Liveview with new more advanced algorithm contrast based AF with tracking capabilities
- Movie mode, with the ability to use the upper mentioned contrast AF
- 5D markII LCD
- 5D markII battery system
- AF microajustment
- Fulltime weathersealing
- Everything else, same specs from the 40D…
To me, it looks like somebody angry at the spec of the Canon EOS 50D and wishing more.