What will Photoshop CS6 be made of? What will be the new features of CS6? It is quite difficult to be sure since -up to now- Adobe simply distributed technology-oriented data (which may never be exploited in this form) and some very partial elements not allowing precise predictions. Nevertheless, some of them can be assembled into a preliminary view, though very blurred, imprecise and thought-provoking.
- Video demo of “PatchMatch“, an algorithm developed by Princeton scientific research and Adobe.
- AppleInsider’s sneak peek at CS6 look and feel
- Image de-blurring demonstrated at 2011 Adobe MAX in October 2011, and many other technological presentations shown at the same time.
But, for now, since April 2010, we are still stuck with the old and faithful Photoshop CS5. A very good reason to keep looking at enlightening sources of new techniques, tutorials, solutions and free plug-ins. The last ones I stumbled upon:
- An Introduction to Working with Layers and Masks in Photoshop
- Creating Textures in Photoshop
- How to Use Photoshop’s High Pass Filter to Soften Skin While Retaining Texture by PetaPixel
- Smarter Content Aware Fill in Photoshop brilliantly solves an issue often found when using “content-aware fill“: Photoshop sometimes fills with parts of the image that are taken from the most surprising places (and often the less pleasant ones). A simple and 100% efficient solution.
- Camera RAW vs. Lightroom einmal, in deutscher Sprache verfasst
- Finally, a hodge-podge of filters, brushes, plugins, all free for Photoshop: Free Photoshop Filters, Brushes and Plugins